We want to see Harrogate transformed by love.
Every household in Harrogate knowing the love of community and the love of God. Every household to know and be known.’
The Hub story
In 2014, St Marks Church undertook a survey of the unmet social needs of the Harrogate area (Minding the Gaps report), which highlighted a sense of desperation in all age groups.
Harrogate churches are coming together to respond to these needs, combining, resources, talent, money, and time to support our suffering town, our distressed neighbour. Out of this vision of a giant pastoral care plan, the Harrogate Hub was launched.
We bring together volunteers from across the churches and community to provide pastoral care from our welcome centre. We are facilitating churches, businesses, the third sector and public sector working together to serve the town.
Our hope for Harrogate
We dream of Harrogate being a place ….
– of wellness, healing and wholeness
– of hope and justice for all
– of diversity, innovation, and creativity
– of reconciliation and forgiveness
– where no one is exploited, abused or marginalised
– where everyone can be nourished and supported
– where everyone can flourish and thrive
– where the whole community looks out for each other and works together
What do you want your town to look like?
Some of our volunteer stories
I give of my service to the Hub as part of my weekly giving to God. Can someone join me please?Mary (Cleaner)
Tim Hurren (Trustee) says: “The Hub is a visible demonstration that churches and others are working together for the good of our community and to the glory of God.”
Ian Connell (Trustee) says: Christians across the town are working together in reaching out to others for the good of the communityTrustee thoughts:
The Hub is:
- a place of HOPE for our community
- the HOPE that is rooted in Jesus
- a place of healing and forgiveness
- offers faith, hope and love
- offers community vision/mission
- gives itself to works of Justice
- offers a place of safety and restoration
- The Hub is in our heart
- Church unity in action
- The blessings of Jesus poured out for all
- to witness God's love through the healing action of others
- a KEY STONE of our townCarol (Visionary)says: