We want this community space to be a safe place for everyone, so we ask all members to follow these guidelines.
- The Netmakers Community Mighty Networks site is for adults only. Please do not send invitations to children and please report any under 18s who are using the site by messaging one of the moderators (Sam Corderoy or Janet Green).
- The site is intended as a place for Christians to connect with one another and so we ask users to tell us the church of which they are a part.
- Please try to keep conversations in the public forums. Private groups are discouraged and can only be set up by the moderators.
- Please be vigilant if chatting one to one with other members – particularly with people you don’t know in real life. However, also remember most abusers already know their victims and that abuse often happens when they are alone – either in person or online.
- If any conversations are making you feel uncomfortable, please report them to the moderators by clicking the three dots at the top of the message, and then clicking “more”.
- In the same way, click the three dots and then “more” to block any individual from contacting you.
- Netmakers reserves the right to remove individuals from the site who are not adhering to our values, which can be found on the “About” page. Advice will be sought from Netmakers Trustees and relevant church leaders first.
- Please keep an eye out for each other and report any content or conversations to the moderators by clicking on the three dots at the top of the message, and then clicking “more”.
- If you choose to make contact with anyone through the one-on-one chat or in person, please follow the safety advice provided by the Christian dating site, Christian Connections. This provides very relevant and sensible advice which is relevant for networking as well as dating. https://www.christianconnection.com/safety
- Netmakers does not vet or endorse any of the participant or content in the Netmakers Community. Just because the people and content are on there doesn’t mean we agree with them or have checked them out. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we provide clear steps for people to report any concerns to us.
- External events advertised are run under the host church or charities safeguarding policies and users should make themselves familiar when attending.
- Netmakers is a brand of The Harrogate Hub.
If you have any concerns relating to activity on Netmakers Community, please get in touch with our Designated Safeguarding Officer, Rev Alan Garrow, Vicar of St Peter’s Church. email@example.com