Harrogate Pioneer Youth Worker Vacancy
Do you have a heart for young people? Do you want to see young people’s lives transformed with the Good News of Jesus? Do you feel how difficult the last few years have been for them and want to do something about it? Could you partner with churches across the town so that every corner can be reached? If so, this role could be for you.
Please note all applicants must complete an application form. Download an application form and role description by clicking the button below.
The Harrogate Hub and Kairos Network Church are partnering to employ a Pioneer Youth Worker.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner to plant a new network of Missional Youth Communities across Harrogate. Kairos Network Church will be your employer and provide outstanding line management and a spiritual home. An exciting thing about this role is that you will also be partnering with The Harrogate Hub, a missional unity movement. Through The Hub many churches in the area have agreed to provide support and volunteers to make this a town-wide, ecumenical project.
This is a new post, in a unique setting.
The vision for the role is to create a network of Missional Youth Communities across Harrogate. In practice, this will look like:
- Each of these Communities being an expression of church in its own right, each with a rhythm of worship, fellowship and mission.
- The Pioneer Youth Worker focussing initially on one geography or school and only moving to another once a community and its volunteer leaders are well established.
- The Pioneer Youth Worker building relationships with young people in the area through school clubs or detached work, asking young people what they might want to start (eg. film club, youth club, art project) and then exploring faith and discipleship in smaller groups as the opportunity arises.
- The Pioneer Youth Worker forming a team of volunteers from across churches in Harrogate. (Churches have already agreed to support this, but the success of the project will depend on the Pioneer Youth Worker’s ability to build good relationships and lead a volunteer team well.)
- The Pioneer Youth Worker developing relationships with local partners such as schools, churches, charities and other interested parties to understand where opportunities lie and work collaboratively to reach young people.